Image via WikipediaThe actual introduction of evidence is really a central component associated with criminal trials. The prosecution as well as defense alike should present evidence to be able to support their statements. Judges and juries should be convinced by evidence presented within the courtroom, and for that criminal court system to operate correctly, all evidence ought to be pure, real, as well as untainted.
There happen to be many instances exactly where accused individuals happen to be freed due in order to tainted evidence within the courtroom. Tainted evidence frequently gives judges as well as juries “reasonable doubt” concerning the case, and might be enough to convince these phones throw out the conviction. Evidence might be tainted through incorrect handling, failure in order to properly seal the crime scene, as well as intentional tampering. Finger prints, blood-samples, and bodily-fluid samples are common pieces of evidence which are highly susceptible in order to tainting.
There have been many cases by which individuals have already been wrongly convicted based on forged or falsified proof. Trials involving home or assets frequently require the demonstration of legal paperwork to prove an instance. Forged documents or even falsified records are typical instances of falsified evidence within the courtroom. Attorneys for each sides often request to look at documents before trial to allow them to verify the authenticity from the paperwork.
Another issue which sometimes arises throughout criminal trials may be the suppression of proof. If items or even information are withheld in the jury or adjudicator, it is impossible to create a fully informed choice. Defendants, accusers, as well as police officers happen to be accused of controlling vital evidence to some case. If proof suppression is discovered, the case may create a mistrial or might be dropped altogether.
False testimonies as well as witness harassment will also be evidence-related issues that could occur during felony proceedings. Witnesses who provide false testimony unfairly influence the situation and may result in a wrongful conviction or even acquittal. Individuals who provide false testimony or lie about the witness stand might be prosecuted for perjury as well as face stiff penalties or jail period. Witness harassment occurs whenever a witness is built to feel threatened when they give a accurate and accurate accounts during trial.
- Texas Criminal Trial Attorney Jim Sullivan Can Defend You on Aggravated Assault Charges (texascriminaltriallawyer.org)
- Houston Expungement Attorney / Houston Expunction Lawyer Jim Sullivan (texascriminaltriallawyer.org)
- Houston Criminal Lawyer Jim Sullivan Asks for Mercy from Jurors (texascriminaltriallawyer.org)
- Fort Bend County Drug Defense Lawyer Jim Sullivan Will Defend Your Rights (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- Arrested in Brazoria County? Surfside Beach Texas Criminal Lawyer Jim Sullivan Can Defend You (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- Arrested in Brazoria County? Manvel Criminal Lawyer Jim Sullivan Can Defend You (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- Houston Texas Juvenile Sex Crime Attorney Jim Sullivan (houstontxcriminaldefenseattorneylawyer.com)